Reddit Keto, and decided to make a slight spin on it myself, and it was so good, I had to share!
|In the oven!|
|Hold the Carb's Thickener!|
|Hold the Carb's sample pack where I found the thickener!|
Keto Fish Pie
(serves either 2 very hungry people, or 4 normally hungry people that also have a side dish)
3/4 c Heavy Cream
2 and 1/2 tbs butter
1 Vegetable bullion cube
1 tbs LC- Thick N' Saucy
1 tsp Dill
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
1.5 Cups spinach (I used frozen)
1 head of cauliflower
1-2 lbs white fish (White Ruffy - isn't fishy smelling/tasting is boneless/skinless from Trader Joes)
1 tsp water if needed
grated parmesean or aged gouda/ sharp cheese of preference
1. Preheat your oven to 425.
2. Cut up the head of cauliflower and steam (you can use all of the cauliflower since we're gonna
mash it) until fork tender (meaning your fork can easily spear it to oblivion)
3. Whilest you are doing that, start pan frying (in Olive oil) your fish, until each side is no longer
mildly translucent, and is fully white with golden sides.
4. When cauliflower is steamed, drain water, and either mash it with a whisk, or use an electric hand
mixer. (I usually add heavy cream and butter to this to taste, but that's up to you)
5. When white fish is mostly cool, start flaking it up with a fork. Beep boppin' and scattin about!
6. In a deep-ish pot, melt butter, then add heavy cream, and dissolve in bullion cube. Then add
spices, and stir until bubbly-ish (not too much or it will get a 'skin' on top.)
7. Add in spinach, and stir until spinach is hot, then add flaked fish.
8. Stir it up (little darlin') and add in the LC- Thick N' Saucy until it thickens.
9. Taste that shit, seriously, if you've done it right, it should be as delicious as thanksgiving stuffing
(not kidding), and if it isn't I must say either there is A. something wrong with you B. You have
mind blowingly, unearthly, stuffing for Thanksgiving C. You've never had stuffing or
D. You fucked it up.
10. Add it to a greased casserole or pie dish, then top with mashed caulflower, and bake until top is
crispy looking, or you just can't take it any more.... enjoy.